You don’t have to do 30 minutes of exercise all at once—You can walk for 15minutes in the morning and ride a bike for 15min in the afternoon. You should try to work up to 60-90 minutes a day of activity if you can. If time is a problem just workout harder in less time. Instead of walking for 15 minutes in the morning and evening just jog or walk faster.
What about doing sit-ups or crunches?
You should still do some type of AB exercises but do not make AB exercises the only part of your muscle building routine.
You can increase your metabolism (burn more fat) if you do a total body muscle building routine. Include exercises for every body part that means your upper & lower body and your ABS
Quick Fix. You can instantly get rid of your pop belly or pooch by working on not the rectus abdominus (what you call the six pack or ABS) but the transverse abdominus (TVA).
When you suck in your belly you are actually working your transverse abdominus (TVA) muscle.
The reason why people have flat midsections is not because they have a strong rectus abdominus (or ABS) but because they have a strong transverse abdominus (TVA) Over the years a combination of you losing strength in your TVA and a gain of fat around your midsection leads to the pop belly or pooch effect.
The best way to work your TVA is to…
1. Place one of your fingers on your belly button
2. Without taking in a deep breath. Try to move your belly button inward as far away from your finger as you can
3. hold your belly button in for 5 seconds working your way up to a minute
4. Advanced: as your holding in your belly button—tightly squeeze your ABS
Another way to work your TVA is to…
1. Suck in your belly (without taking in a deep breath)
2. Tie a rope not too tightly around your midsection.
3. Every time you relax your TVA muscle the rope will tighten up around your waist reminding you to tighten your TVA muscle
As you are doing these two TVA exercises do not hold your breath just breath normally.
Do not rely solely on these TVA exercises to get rid of your pop belly or pooch area. Remember—You still have to diet and exercise properly to get rid of the fat around your midsection.
Here’s a quick summarized action plan to get rid of your pop belly or pooch
1. Eat six 350-400 calorie meals a day 2-3 hours apart
2. Walk (or do something) everyday for up to 1 hour a day
3. IF you are going to weight train—do exercises for every body part not just your ABS
4. Train your TVA
I guarantee that you will notice your midsection will get flatter week after week if you follow this plan—If you see any results just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly offer any help I can.