Aside from the fat burning potential, there are numerous health benefits of weight lifting including:
- develop core strength
- increase metabolic rate
- improve muscle function and strength and also improve endurance
- having stronger muscles help prevent injuries
- improves your balance, muscle stability, and mobility
- helps increase your bone density
- weight lifting slows down the effects of aging, and also reduces the amount of muscle loss with age
- improves overall health and fitness
To increase your fat burning potential, stop wasting time with slow and steady pace cardio - instead, perform high intensity, interval based cardio. A good quote from fitness guru Mike Geary who says: "I think people need to get away from this thinking about "fat burning zones" and calories burned during the actual workout, and look at the bigger picture of what you're doing in your workout to stimulate the greatest metabolic response in your body... and the best metabolic and hormonal response is achieved through variable intensity training and strength training, not slow steady-pace cardio."
How to Get a 6 Pack Abs Fast
To effectively burn off stubborn belly fat, a proper diet and nutrition program is needed. While this is important, your diet does not need to conform to any of the popular or fad diets out there - and your diet does not have to be low fat or low carb to get 6 pack abs. Rather, simply aim for a well balanced diet that's made up of natural, highly nutritious, and unprocessed foods. Aim to get a good balance of quality proteins, carbohydrates, and good fats in your diet.
Below is a summary of four key points of proper nutrition for getting 6 pack abs from Mike Geary:
1. Get plenty of quality protein each day. It helps create satiety, helps build and maintain muscle, and has a higher thermic effect than carbs or fat.
2. When taking carbohydrates, make an effort to get most of your carbohydrate intake from high fiber sources such as fruits, grains, and vegetables. It is best to avoid refined sugars and refined grains. He recommends looking for carbohydrate sources with at least 2 to 3 grams of fiber per 10 grams of total carbs.
3. Don't be afraid of eating fat from good sources, and these include nuts and seeds, avocados, eggs, coconut oil, and olive oils.
4. Two things must always be avoided, and they are artificial trans fats from margarines and shortenings, and hydrogenated oils in most processed foods and deep fried foods.
Learn the Truth About Losing Your Abdominal Fat Permanently
Mike Geary is the "Abs Guru" that has the entire solution to getting rid of abdominal fat. All of the nutritional strategies, as well as training sequences, exercise combinations, and more have all been compiled in his Truth About 6 Pack Abs Program. While his program effectively helps you get rid of abdominal fat, very small portion of the program is actually about abdominal exercises. The main point of this program is showing you the absolute most effective strategies for losing your stubborn abdominal fat, so you can get 6 pack abs.
Following the guidelines set out in the Truth About 6 Pack Abs, you WILL lose your abdominal fat that has been plaguing you for years and get the 6 pack abs you've always wanted. This is not guesswork... it is a proven system that works time and time again for all of his clients on every corner of the globe that actually apply these strategies. If you apply it, the results will come. It's really that simple.