- Lie flat on the floor and put your hands behind your head.
- Bring your knees toward the chest, and lift your shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on your head
- Straighten your right leg, and bring your left knee toward your chest - at the same time, twist your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow toward your left knee
- Now switch sides and perform the same motion for the left side
- Straighten your left leg and bring right knee to your chest while turning your upper body to the right, and bring your left elbow to your right knee
7. Among the top 10 best ab exercises, mountain climbers would have be listed as one. It not only works your mid section, but it is one of those exercises that involve multiple muscle groups, and it will give you a fantastic cardio workout as well. This is really a full body exercise, that also places great amount of stress on your abs.
- Start off by getting into a push-up position with your arms straight
- Lift your right knee up to your arm and then back down to the starting position
- Repeat the same movement with your left leg
- You can also perform this exercise using a balance board to add an additional degree of difficulty
8. High intensity, interval rowing - performed on a rowing machine. You're probably saying to yourself "Gee, that's really a cardio exercise!" True! Rows really is a cardio exercise, but I include it in here simply because it is absolutely one of the BEST cardio exercises that not ONLY gives you a fantastic cardio workout, it also gives you a fantastic full body resistance workout as well. It uses almost every single muscle group in your body including your arms, shoulders, back, abs, glutes, legs, and calves. Perform rows with high intensity using intervals, and you're going to feel the burn.
9. Renegade dumbbell rows is another excellent ab exercise that comes highly recommend by Mike Geary - fitness guru and author "Truth About Six Pack Abs". This exercise is performed in a pushup position while holding 2 dumbbells.
- Start in a push-up position holding a dumbbell in each hand
- Row one dumbbell up while keeping your body stabilized with the other arm
- Bring the dumbbell back to the floor and perform the same movement with the other arm
- The stabilization required for this exercise puts great stress on your entire mid section, and you will feel it in your abs
10. Exercise ball crunches is another excellent exercise to workout the abs. What makes this crunch so much more effective than other crunches on the floor is the level of stabilization that is required to perform this exercise. Because this exercise is performed on the exercise ball, an additional element of stabilization is added to the movement.
- Lie back on the exercise back, position it under your lower back
- You can either cross your arms on your chest or behind your head
- Contract your abs to lift your upper body up from the ball
- During your curling up motion, make sure to keep the ball stable
- Lower back down to starting position
There you have it, top 10 most effective and best ab exercises to help you get 6 pack abs. The exercises on this list includes exercises that do not specifically target your abs such as squats, deadlifts, and rows; however the combination of these excellent compound exercises will work your entire body, stimulate a metabolic response, and allow you to achieve a better fat burning workout - after all, to get your 6 pack abs to show, your ultimate goal is to lower your body fat, and reduce the amount of belly fat you have. Among these top 10 best ab exercises are also several excellent exercises that target your ab muscles directly - notice that the basic crunch is not on this list.
Learn the Truth About Losing Your Abdominal Fat Permanently
Mike Geary is the "Abs Guru" that has the entire solution to getting rid of abdominal fat. All of the nutritional strategies, as well as training sequences, exercise combinations, and more have all been compiled in his Truth About Six Pack Abs Program. While his program effectively helps you get rid of abdominal fat, very small portion of the program is actually about abdominal exercises. The main point of this program is showing you the absolute most effective strategies for losing your stubborn abdominal fat, so you can get 6 pack abs.
Following the guidelines set out in the Truth About Six Pack Abs, you WILL lose your abdominal fat that has been plaguing you for years. This is not guesswork... it is a proven system that works time and time again for all of his clients on every corner of the globe that actually apply these strategies. If you apply it, the results will come. It's really that simple.